Who we are
Venatus is an award-winning, global ad-tech platform that connects advertisers to the exclusive audiences of 250+, world renowned gaming and entertainment publishers. We are tech-first. We are gamers. We are the difference makers. Because when it comes to helping the world’s most recognisable brands such as EA, Nintendo and Rovio produce outstanding advertising campaigns, our in-house creative team alongside our direct and programmatic ad-sales have an unrivalled track-record.
Our recent investment from leading private equity firm, LivingBridge makes this an exceptionally exciting time to join the company. Venatus has ambitious growth and expansion plans, launching new products and opening even more international offices. London is our HQ with regional offices in New York, LA, Paris, Sydney and Seoul.
Why you should work with us
Venatus is an extremely ambitious company and we pride ourselves on our open and supportive culture. Our talented employees stay loyal to our business due to the regular learning opportunities and experience of working directly with industry experts. We empower people to succeed, welcoming innovative ideas and ways of working that will ultimately help the business grow. We offer a fluid approach to hybrid working, giving employees the freedom to produce their best work, wherever they are. Joining Venatus is a play for the top. You’ll be challenged in positive ways, learn rapidly and develop a career in one of the most captivating industries in the world. You will be able to develop both professionally and as an individual, carving a career path that engages and excites you.
What we’re looking for:
Venatus are seeking a Business Development Manager to help us drive new publisher partnerships in emerging sectors. Having already built a strong presence, this role will be focused on the gaming sector and specific competitors in the market
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, self-motivated Business Development Manager who is comfortable covering the technical side of partnerships, can negotiate financial terms, and has the ability to close a deal. They will have experience or knowledge of programmatic advertising and header bidding and are comfortable meeting (and exceeding) KPIs/targets. Knowledge of CRM systems such as HubSpot would also be advantageous.
Reporting to the Head of New Business and working alongside an existing Business Development Managers and Publisher Relationships Manager, we are looking for an adaptable, sales focused team member, with an unquenchable desire to pitch and win new business.
This role is open to flexible working from our London office or UK-based, fully remote candidates.
- Build strategic relationships with key decision makers at publishers within the market sectors assigned to you
- Build out a pipeline of prospective partners and actively pursue opportunities to promote and sell in the Venatus platform
- Handle all renewal contracts for existing and new publishers within your designated sector
- Converting leads into calls and direct face to face pitches with prospective publishers
- Evangelize the Venatus offering and communicate the benefits of our direct, programmatic and header bidder sales solution
- 2 years + of business development experience in digital advertising, publisher acquisition or tech sales
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and an established network of contacts amongst Programmatic buyers (Trading Desks), Agencies and Advertisers
- Good awareness and knowledge of the wider gaming/advertising landscape
- Proven solution selling skills and sales track record
- Must have a self-starter, entrepreneurial mentality
- Strong affinity to the online industry and advertising business models
- Open and flexible attitude towards taking on new workload
- Base salary dependent on experience
- Uncapped commission
- Flexible working pattern
- Team building days
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan scheme
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays and your birthday off
- Option to buy and sell annual leave allowance
- Excellent career opportunities in a growing, international company
If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply! We’d love to meet and talk further.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We understand that the best ideas are born from the collaboration of diverse minds, spanning all races, religions, ethnicities, genders and orientations. We are dedicated to making Venatus a safe, happy place to be, allowing everyone to feel comfortable and confident in order to produce their best work. We employ a range of talent that represents the diverse creativity of our industry and we are proud of our growing teams of employees who share these values.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact us.